To whom it may concern:
Dear Sir or Madam,
Below is a report I made to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. You
may find it interesting.
Report to MedWatch, the FDA Medical Products Reporting
Zocor was prescribed to reduce cholesterol in 1992, after a lab report.
I began reporting muscle and joint pain which the
doctor ignored. In 1995, I was diagnosed with “fibromyalgia”
by another doctor. My condition continued to worsen. I returned to the first
doctor who eventually referred me to a psychologist, a rheumatologist and
physiotherapy. I "managed" my disability. In 1998, these rheumatoid symptoms
were treated by another doctor who instructed me to cease all medication.
I coincidentally discontinued Zocor. Pain, swelling, stiffness, sleep disorder
and other problems improved during the next seven months. In 2000, the first
successor prescribed Lipitor to reduce cholesterol, after a lab report.
He mocked my reports of renewed pain and other symptoms. In June 2000, I
had a “stroke” and was in a coma when taken to hospital where
a neurosurgeon drilled a hole in my head and saved my life. I coincidentally
discontinued Lipitor. My condition improved. In September 2001, CBS News
noted the Baycol recall and I learned of statin drug side effects. They
sounded like my symptoms. Subsequent examination on the Web of product information
from Merck and Pfizer revealed warnings that Zocor and Lipitor can cause musculo-skeletal destruction and
other problems. I was not warned by my doctors who seemed unaware of these
side effects. I was not warned by the product information that came with
these drugs when I took them. Such would have saved me from ten years of
extreme pain, suffering, disability and loss of income. The problems I experienced
Morley Leonard Evans
Statin Study: collateral effects
2. Public Citizen petition: WARNING
Timeline: Morley Evans’s medical history
collateral damage in the war on cholesterol
NO. 1780 OF A.D. 2003
8. Neuromuscular Center W.U.St.L.: ætiology
9. NINDS, National Institutes of Health: myopathy
10. Clinical Practice Message Boards: collateral
12. FDA: new site
WHO Drug Information
myopathy, myalgia, myositis, rhabdomyolysis — different names for
Is Myopathy Part Of Statin Therapy?
18. The Other Side:
BILLION$ upon BILLION$ Victims?
and Chronic Fatigue: hypochondriacs?
20. Coronary Risk: Really?
21. How Safe Are Pharmaceutical Drugs?
22. CoEnzyme Q-10
24. critical review of risk / benefit
26. side effects of statins
27. Lipitor: Thief of Memory Duane Graveline, M.D.
bad idea: Let's sell statins to everyone!
29. Peripheral Neuropathy Petition
30. Part of the solution: a responsible professional
31. CBS News: Dangers of Statin Drugs (video)
32. CBC: medical errors
33. Reader's Digest: medical errors in Canada
34. Canadian Medical Protective Association It won't
protect you, the patient. But it does protect bad
35. The Natural Healer Magazine: Goldman BSc. Phm
36. physiological function of cholesterol
37. Dr. Marcia Angell
38. Anti-Cholesterol Drug Ban Sought
39. Revenues for Zocor and Lipitor
40. Joseph Goldberger: a true hero of medicine
41. Joseph Lister: a true hero of medicine
42. Louis Pasteur: a true hero of medicine (germs)
43. Albert Schweitzer: a true hero of medicine (body
44. Penicillin: science is a process of discovery
45. Human Physiology and Biology
46. Could this be your future?
47. Mitochondrial Health
48. Lipoc acid and free radicals
49. CHOLESTEROLMANIA: Dr. Malcolm Kendrick
50. $253,000,000 USD: and that's just the start
51. Doctors vs Guns
52. College of
Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan
Licence to Pill
CMPA: a crime syndicate hiding in plain sight
Killers are Killing You: ABC NEWS
experimenting these past sixty years
Pressure at SIXTY